Friday, October 9, 2015

Let's talk about: Count Dracula





I recently watched Count Dracula (1970) hoping I would finally find the Dracula movie that would do the book justice. It came close. 
It starred Christopher Lee as Dracula. While he didn't speak much, he did look the part and delivered pretty well on representing such an iconic character. 
The film itself did have scenes straight from the book and I enjoyed watching it. It wasn't gory like I was worried it might be. It is only rated PG.
However, the filming style was super cheesy. There were tons of close up shots of eyes and random scared faces. That was pretty funny and I could see this being the kind of movie where people get together to watch it just to make fun of the cheesy filming style. 
It had the potential of being really great but as the film went on they deviated from the plot more and more and left more and more of the things I love about the book out. 
It was my favorite Dracula adaptation I have seen so far but it still had a long way to go. 
 

No comments: