Thursday, August 6, 2015

Let's talk about: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K Rowling


 We finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince this week. 
We are so close to hitting our goal of finishing the entire Harry Potter series this summer. 
The girls still have two weeks until school starts so I am pretty sure we will make it!

Once again, they loved this book. 
However, the ending was hard on Abi. She told me that she would have given the book 700 stars but because of the death of one of her favorite characters, she had to deduct 696 stars and give it only 4. But she still enjoyed it a lot. She really liked it when Harry and Ginny finally got together. 
Maddy said she gave it 5 stars... so realistic stars around here this week!

I think this book is so good. I love the concept of the Horcruxes and the build up to finding out about them. I think the glimpses into Voldemort's past are especially interesting. It is all such a great lead up to that final book which I can't wait to share with Abi and Maddy. 
I also really loved, after the shaky relationship with Dumbledore in the last book, how it builds that relationship back up.



 Once again, so fun to see the story through my kids' eyes as I read this one!
Now, speaking of Harry Potter, I just saw this shirt. Pretty sure I need it. 

1 comment:

The Kings said...

Loved the book and the movie! I like that t-shirt, too!