Monday, December 21, 2015

On the Ninth Day of Christmas.... A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, pop-up edition by Chuck Fischer


I think it is safe to assume that we all know the story of A Christmas Carol. 
It is a true classic. So I am not going to talk about the story itself besides the fact that I really like it and feel like it is a must read every Christmas. 
Instead I am showing you the edition of A Christmas Carol that I bought this year. 
I was in a small children's book store and saw this book on display. I opened it out of curiosity and was drawn in by the beautiful artistry. It is truly magical.
This is the title page...
 

Each page is so beautiful that you can just sit for so long taking in all of the little details. 
I loved pop up books as a kid and looking through this book made me feel like a kid again.  I can't wait to share this with my daughters. I know it will captivate them. 
 

The story isn't printed on the pages of the books. Instead, each page has a small pocket and inside is a little booklet with part of the story in it. And these are illustrated as well! 
 

This is a truly cool book and I think it would make a great addition to every Christmas book library! 
I know it will become a tradition in our home. 

*Do you read A Christmas Carol every year? 
*Do you like pop up books?

4 comments:

The Kings said...

That is such a cute book! I don't read "The Christmas Carol" every year but we watch the movie adaptation by George C. Scott every Christmas Eve. It should be a tradition for every family.

Cheryl said...

It is such a good story.

The Kings said...

I had to add a comment after having you show me the book! It is amazing and I think I would like to have it too!

Cheryl said...

I'm glad you liked it. I am SO glad we bought it.