Monday, March 7, 2016

Let's talk about: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes


I have been wanting to read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes ever since I started seeing previews for the upcoming movie. It looked really good to me and has a great cast. Also, about that time I started seeing reviews of the book popping up all over booktube and they were all favorable. 
I finally got it from the library last week and spent the weekend devouring it. 
It was such a quick read and was really hard to put down. 
I really liked the main characters as well as a few side characters and the story drew me in. 
It was such an emotional book and a lot of it centers around a very controversial topic. 
I won't go into details of that because but I was really torn on the book because of it. 
I feel like the book's biggest strength is the fact that it really got me thinking about my opinion on this topic and even prompted a very interesting discussion between my husband and I when I talked to him about it. 
The book takes place in England and it was also fun to read about the town that the characters live in. 
I think it is well worth the read and I will definitely be seeing the movie this June. 

Here is the Goodreads blurb for this book: 
 
"Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time."
 
 

1 comment:

The Kings said...

I want to talk to you about this book later to see if it is something I would like to read.