Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Let's talk about: Boxen, Childhood Chronicles Before Narnia


One day while I was at the library they just happened to have this out on a shelf being displayed. 
I had no idea that it existed so I grabbed it and checked it out. 
This book is introduced by Douglas Gresham, giving us a look at the childhood of C.S. and W. H. Lewis. We read about how they spent much of their time in the attic and they began to build worlds together. 
The book is full of their drawings and stories. 

While it isn't on my top list of favorite reads ever, the talent these boys showed at such a young age is remarkable. In some of the stories they were as young or younger than my daughters and I couldn't believe the vocabulary, handwriting, and writing ability they already had. 

I wouldn't urge you to run out and buy it but if you get a chance you might want to peruse it simply to read a bit of their young imaginations.